Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Majestic Restaurant


Took the man's parents to Majestic Restaurant (大華) for a Mother's Day lunch. The restaurant is so conveniently located in town at Marina One, but since it re-opened in January 2018, we haven't had a chance to pop in for lunch till last weekend. I like Chef Yong's food and his slight twist on traditional Cantonese flavors.

Majestic Restaurant offered a dim sum menu at lunch. The MIL likes char siew pau, and wouldn't mind a good one occasionally. She enjoyed the ones here- light and fluffy. I didn't want the rice roll with char siew because there's egg in it. I would come back to try the organic brown rice roll with prawns, Hakka style (擂茶糙米鲜虾肠粉). Generally, I like my rice rolls simple. Since the restaurant didn't have plain ones, I opted for rice rolls with prawns (鮮蝦腸粉). It was satisfying! Ordered in moderation, and reserved the poultry in advance- half a Peking duck and half a chicken.

The smoked French corn-fed chicken with salt and hickory (inspired by Hakka salted chicken) was quite delicious, considering that it has been marinated with herbs and was smoked overnight. The Peking duck (crispy skin) that came served with the usual strips of scallion and cucumbers, and slightly-thicker-than usual rose pancakes in the cutest pink. The man packed home quite a fair chunk of duck because the table couldn't finish it. He asked me if I could shred them and do a fried rice. Whut. Fine. It goes into the freezer and I'll fry them up later in the week. 🤨🙄

The table inhaled three pieces of small Portuguese egg tarts, but still ordered dessert. It came in the form of two portions of Tianjin pear with gum tragacanth and honey citrus pomelo. It was pretty decent! Not too sweet at all.

Happy Mother's Day to my MIL, who has been supplying me tons of Vitamin C supplements, strawberries and blueberries this year!

No comments: