Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Doggie Daycare FTW


It's pretty obvious to the man and I that going to daycare weekly holds a lot of benefits for Choya. It can only be good for her to learn some manners and the right way to socialize with other dogs, and have the older dogs check her growls. She doesn't need to play with fellow Shiba Inus. I don't want it to be a mutual admiration club, and this human is certainly not sociable. I've bailed out of a few Shiba group chats. Hahahah. While she doesn't exactly play with other dogs, she likes being around them. BUT she likes chilling aside from the ruckus in a corner and watch the world go by. Hurhurhur.

I'm also glad for the few hours of 'freedom'. The mental space to be able to switch off from having to consider the dog's needs. I could have a long leisurely lunch or coffee in peace without thinking if she'd be upset that she's alone behind the safety gate. Yeah, she doesn't need me to play with her, but she'd rather be with a human, sleeping away the hours at home while I work on the MacBook. However, to do this day in day out is seriously mundane. Her mind and body could be put to better use.

I trust the staff and instructors at Sunny Heights. It's a lot of hard work managing these dogs, and they do it cheerfully and brilliantly. They didn't need to send me so many photos of Choya, but they did. Ah well, considering it was her first two visits, I guess they took special care of her. They did comment that she's a little jittery still. Choya's handler is a young girl who's really dedicated to her. At least the dog hasn't made her cry. Swimming is certainly good for the doggo to focus on strengthening those little limbs. By the second visit, she didn't need a life vest anymore. While she needed some prodding to be persuaded to enter the water, once she was in, she was all confident. She could swim! Aiiight, doggo.

No comments: