Thursday, September 19, 2019

一鍋艇仔粥


I couldn't stop laughing when I heard how terrified the BFF was of... having her wisdom teeth extracted. Told her to suck it up and take the painkillers, and I would prep her some soft foods and deliver them later in the evening. She could only have either soup, congee and fish for two days. Hahahaha. Since I was boiling up congee for the BFF, I decided that it would be dinner for the man and I too. We all love congee anyway, and could have that any time.

Stir-fried baby kailan and French beans, and another small plate of Asian style black pepper beef (黑椒牛柳). Found ikan haruan at the market. Perfect. Half would go into the congee, and the other half would be simply stir-fried with ginger and scallions. Tonight's congee was Hong Kong style boat congee (艇仔粥). Y had gifted a packet of that famed brown seaweed from Okinawa known as 'mozuku' (沖縄もずく). It came in very handy as a healthy garnish for the congee. #ImpieCooks2019

The BFF wondered if I had cooked the congee in the electric rice cooker. OF COURSE NOT LAH. I'm cooking for like four people; it had to be properly boiled in a pot. She asked if I could slice out the skin from the meat. I was like, "No. Then the flesh would disintegrate into the congee. You're a big girl. Take out the skin yourself!" She had the audacity to say that I sounded like her mother who said the same exact words when she made that request. Pffft. Hahahaha.

No comments: