Friday, September 06, 2019

Meats at Squires Loft

Oddly, there hasn’t been much beef or lamb ingested at meals. We rectified that by going to dinner at a classic grillhouse chain- Squires Loft at Subiaco. I loved it! It’s a diner! It doesn’t pretend to be a fancy steakhouse. I’m here because I don’t want to grill my own steak at the apartment. Squires Loft fits my purpose nicely.

Bravely ordered a cut of rump. It was beautifully grilled medium-rare. When done correctly, rump is such a flavorful cut. When we grill beef at home, rump and flank are our default cuts. As if beef wasn't enough, we also had pork ribs and lamb loins. Those pork ribs were fantastic. It’s not the season for lamb, so I don’t know if this has anything to do with the rather game-y lamb loins.

Had to take a look at The Palace Arcade on Beaufort Street. It boasts of old-style arcade game machines. Wooohooo. How nostalgic! For food, uhh, it has great pizza from Mack Daddy's (which isn't very exciting for me. Pizza for dinner is sad). The game machines were popular. I have lost all teenage arcade skills! Was quite happy to watch others get trounced by good players. I couldn't stomach anymore drinks at the bar, and we left shortly.

Grillhouse meats and arcade machines. It doesn't get anymore old-school than this. What a randomly fun night. We aren't teenagers anymore, but it was so fun to remember how we used to be so carefree. We had Ponderosa and Jack's Place (I still like Jack's Place), and video games. That was all the happiness needed in life, innit.

2 comments:

Liverella said...

;D I love Jack’s Place to a point it’s a little embarrassing (eaten there way too often) but it’s such a pleasure to go there for simple steak meal with obliging service

imp said...

i really like its tenderloin with sambal as the accompanying sauce!