Saturday, November 30, 2019

Over Dim Sum & Pandan Cake


The year-end slow down in work trips and meetings resulted in many people calling for gatherings over drinks and meals. I rarely decline unless the date clashes with other plans. These invites have been whittled down over the years because I've said no to so many (peripheral ones) that they don't turn up in my inbox anymore. BEST. Invites that do stream in, are invites that matter.

One of these happened in the form of lunch with a bunch of ex-colleagues and celebrated a birthday. We missed two of them at this table. We'll have to fix up another date with them soon. I don't miss the work. I really miss them! Heh. We work well together, but for many reasons, our paths don't cross now, not in our current roles at work or in our private lives. We don't catch up one on one unless there's a strong reason to. Social media, however, is a boon to us in this aspect. I'd love to know that they're doing fine, healthy and managing okay on their respective paths of life.

I'm not usually this chirpy year-end or that keen to meet people for 'annual stuff'. But I'm in a much more relaxed mode these three months because this year, the organizers (for extended family gatherings) have thankfully freed me from a number of obligatory visits, it has put me in a much more cheerful mood this holiday season. The immense relief and freedom from these shackles do wonders for my mental health. There I said it.

No comments: