Friday, November 29, 2019

The Boys Came Over For Tea


Ame and I fixed up a random coffee meet early in the morning, as well as an impromptu play-date for her nephews and Choya in the afternoon. All in a day! Sometimes I don't know whether one could call this a play-date. Choya doesn't know how to play with humans. She'll be curious about the guests and sniff them, then she'll move away for alone-time. She doesn't mind walks and running around though.

Ame was wondering if I'd be open to having the boys over so that they could meet Choya. Heh, why not?! As long they're not young toddlers who could hurt themselves against my stone walls, I'm happy to have them come help me train Choya. The dog welcomed us home with only three barks. Very well done. The boys had snacks and tea, lemonade and Yakult. They did pretty well with Choya. She took to them almost immediately. E was even brave enough to let Choya lick a dollop of nutri-plus gel off of his finger.

It was hilarious when a small bunch of flowers and a box of goodies arrived on my doorstep the next day, in time to brighten up the table for Thanksgiving dinner. I was like, WHO? WHAT? WHY?! Ame said that she noticed the wilting flowers in the jar, and she remembered that I bought them from the market 10 days ago. She said that her nephews wanted to get me something to say thank me for having them. Awwwwwww. It's definitely not the adults talking. E is very mature for his age (or are all 11-year-old boys like that these days) and he seemed to have enjoyed himself. They really didn't have to though. They already thanked me when we said bye at the carpark after walking Choya. Between Ame and the boys' parents, they definitely raised these boys right.

No comments: