Tuesday, December 24, 2019

居酒屋 :: いな穂


Whenever I feel like having beer and pub grub that aren't wings, fries or pizza, my secret spot in town is at a fairly authentic izakaya that has been around for years. I head to Inaho's Kitchen Bar (いな穂) on Duxton Road.

I like it because it's old-school and doesn't have fancy lighting. There's nothing cool about its music either, and it hasn't increased its air-conditioning units in a decade, resulting it being slightly stuff on some nights. The izakaya can be described as boring, and that's exactly what I want. I'm not interested in bells and whistles. The homestyle cooking offers me flavors that I sorely miss, especially at this time of the year.

The whisky here isn't complicated. It's just Suntory. LOL. They sell sake and shochu. If I want whisky, it appears in the form of a light highball. Or I get a glass of beer. I rarely make a reservation here because I never come in a big group. I can usually get seats at the bar. Decent bites and drinks. Ahhh...... they're absolutely satisfying. You don't need to speak Japanese here obviously. But if you do, you get many delicious off-the-menu items, or you could customize a dish, if you ask politely.

That night, the man and I ditched the dog and came for easy bites and a few beers. Beef tongue, chicken gizzards and the sort. Oddly, it was his first visit. Heh. He really enjoyed the chicken gizzards with chilli. I wanted its stuffed cabbage rolls (ロールキャベツ). Many restaurants in Singapore offer these, but the version I like best is at Inaho's. I really like how the kitchen does a dependable onigiri. There're a few types of fillings you could pick, and I always end up with kombu. Heh.


Inaho's Kitchen Bar (酒と肴、いな穂)
60A Duxton Road Singapore 089524
T: +65 6222 0852
Hours: 6pm to 11pm; closed on Sundays and public holidays

No comments: