Thursday, January 30, 2020

Two Burger Joints In A Row!

Couldn’t believe that I ate at two burger joints within days. Eating at burger joints are so enjoyable nowadays; the menus are wider and have so many options. The best part, it satisfies most carnivores, and I have tasty-enough non-meat options that wouldn’t result in indigestion or spike ferritin readings that the oncologist dislikes.

Besides generous dollops of mayonnaise, what tickled me at both hans im glück and BurgerLabo are their huge bottles of chilli sauce. Teheeheheh. I love it! It's Southeast Asia lah, please provide chili sauce. It’s very hard for me to eat burgers and fries without chilli sauce. Both burger joints offer decent food for the prices. I have no complaints! (I haven't stopped by Five Guys at Plaza Singapura, and no I don't like In-N-Out or Shake Shack's burgers in any city.)

hans im glück

I haven’t popped into a hans im glück for ages. I love the restaurant’s decor and its wide range of decent burgers, and reasonably priced sets. Although their cups of black coffee at all outlets usually arrive burnt and bitter. The non-alcoholic thirst quenchers are really refreshing, and the beers are fairly light and not too bad.

Totally appreciated L making a trek out to lunch at this outlet. So nice to see her on a week day! The menu for burgers offer both vegan and vegetarian options. I love their vegetarian/vegan patties. The tasty and filling walnut and olive patties are quite the default options. Today I refuse to do without cheese and go vegan. So I chose a vegetarian spicy patty with aged cheddar and avocado cream. That patty was delicious too.


BurgerLabo

It was a long overdue get-together with K and YQ. BurgerLabo satisfies many burger aficionados. The menu still offers just the Basic Burger (beef), and one vegetarian Almost Burger (Impossible™ meat and OmniPork). There’re other choices of lobster, chargrilled chicken burger, or a deep-fried chicken that came splayed with crispy skin, and the buta roll (grilled pork belly, collar and baked bacon).

I opted for an Almost Burger. The 170-gram patty comprised a blend of Impossible™ meat and OmniPork. It was topped with pickled gherkins, fried onions, fresh chopped onions and Danish roulade. I honestly thought that it could have done better with more onions. After the first two bites I was like, 'where's my cheese?'

Hmmm, I don’t think I fancy OmniPork or its addition in this patty. It kinda make the patty taste ‘porky’, the exact ‘stink’ that I don’t care for in most pork dishes. Three Buns’s iteration of Impossible™ burgers are still way ahead of the game. Although this was dinner, we didn't bother with starters or drinks. We adjourned home after that for some good whisky, beer and G&T, and apple pie.

No comments: