Tuesday, May 19, 2020

じょじょのポテトサラダはほっぺが落ちる!

This ‘circuit breaker’ is truly seeing an emergence of home cooks producing rather decent foods, especially of friends who wouldn’t have bothered stepping into the kitchen otherwise. J is one such example. She has been merrily feeding herself with plenty of garlic fried rice and such.

I was floored when J said she ordered Hokkaido potatoes to make Japanese potato salad, and would send me some. Wow! She surprised me when she suddenly texted to show me her Work-in-Progess photo of boiled potatoes and its accompanying vegetables in a mixing bowl. Her courier arrived so fast and efficiently left the paper bag with its precious contents by the front door (contactless delivery rocks).

Eagerly opened it up. The box was still warm. Mmmm. Into the fridge it went. A beautiful card came along with it. Took out a fat chunk. It wouldn’t be as cold as I would have liked. But it was freshly made and I didn’t want to wait till the next day to taste it. The rest would be eaten cold anyway. It was a huge tub, and I wanted to keep it chilled for at least two days to savor it. I was deeply appreciative of J’s effort.

I like potatoes, but as a salad, it’s gotta be a Japanese version. Love it with loads of onions, cucumbers, and eggs. Bacon is optional. J made hers without butter and went easy on the salt. She was generous with the ingredients, and she knows how much I love onions and garlic. Hahaha. I was sooo happy to have it for dinner. This potato salad was a superb iteration!

ありがとうございました! あなたのポテトサラダはとても美味しいですほっぺが落ちる!

2 comments:

jo said...

よかった!ちゃんと食べたねー
どういたしまして❤️

imp said...

xo