Saturday, June 20, 2020

The Ikan Belado Was The Star


Bollywood Veggies
 trotted out one more week of fun dishes for delivery before closing for a week to reconsolidate in 'Exiting Circuit Breaker: Phase 2'. If all goes smoothly, Poison Ivy Bistro re-opens for dine-in on 1 July. Of course I ordered for delivery. I really like the convenience and quality of the vegetables and eggs delivered to my doorstep.  

I was relieved and glad to see the choice of a two-tiered tingkat for two persons. The smaller portions meant, no leftovers and no friggin chicken! Yayyy! Our tingkat consisted of ikan beladosayur lodeh, and achar. Skipped the blue pea rice for our own basmati. Well, they did offer a roasted chicken with green curry sauce at the side, roasted sweet potato salad and such. NAAAAAHHH. I ordered a small chicken curry for the man. One portion for $6. He can finish that all by himself. Added a gado-gado to the order because I love the spicy peanut sauce

I was so thrilled with the ikan belado. Somebody knows how to pound out a decent sambal belado that I approve of! It was properly spicy, and the snapper was nicely pan-fried. Delicious! There were three pieces given, and I saved a piece for lunch the next day. It was that good. The kitchen does spicy really well, and is able to use spices to its advantage in its dishes with Malay and Indian influences. I really enjoy the homecooked flavors in these dishes.

I’m absolutely grateful to the kitchen for getting its logistics in order and getting the food right. Bollywood Veggies have made it such a pleasure to order from them week after week during these three months that restaurants are shuttered for dine-in privileges. I love the space and green at the farm. It would be nice to visit the bistro again soon. 

Ikan belado.

2 comments:

coboypb said...

Glad I ordered the two-tier tingkat too for dinner yesterday. Love the chilli, fish and brinjal. I was happily eating the chilli paste that my dad scrapped off his piece of fish.

imp said...

the last week of this delivery thing i assume. we've tasted BV's whole menu, and they've also put new items in, so that's really cool. let's see how the bistro's menu will be when they re-open.