Tuesday, June 09, 2020

Using a Tingkat


I've never had much use for a tingkat till these three months, moving from a government-mandated nation-wide lockdown Circuit Breaker to 'Exiting Circuit Breaker Phase 1'. I don't get food delivered to the house often, preferring to go out to get a takeout so that I can get some air. It's not illegal to go get a food takeout yet; I always opt to go to quieter restaurants in order to avoid standing in long queues.

Off I toddled to Hajjah Ratna Nasi Padang to get some lunch. A two-tiered tingkat is perfect to hold all these food items. These dishes were given in such generous portions that they could probably be kept for dinner. However, if I'm feeling extra and order a fish tail, then it wouldn't fit into the tingkat since that would already hold plenty of other dishes. The fish tail still has to go into a plastic bag or a plastic container. If I can remember it, I'll just bring along an extra box for those 'hmm I feel like fish tail or a whole selar' moments.

I didn't go out to buy a tingkat or any fancy lunch box. Mine is from from Bollywood Veggies. Our meals usually arrive in the three-tiered tingkat and those are returned. I kept a two-tiered. That's a fairly useful size to me. The make of this two-tiered is fairly decent, without sharp edges typical of cheaply-made tingkat. The tingkat isn't ideal for soup or gravy, but they're great to hold point-point rice and nasi padang. Hurhurhur. It's currently in use every week. I'm getting loads of mileage out of this complimentary two-tiered tingkat.

No comments: