Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Sunset By The Water


Popped out to dinner at FOC Sentosa with the dog (dine-in currently via reservations only, no walk-ins). It had been a loooong time since I went to Sentosa, and an even longer time since the man and I last hung out at a beach bar anywhere in the world, much less on Tanjong beach. FOC Sentosa does wonderful G&Ts. I don't fancy their red sangria so much because it contains rum, and the hit is quite strong, and I don't like that in my sangria's flavor profile

I'm kinda avoiding the sun riiight, so I wasn't going to be on that beach all morning or all afternoon. Made a 5pm reservation for a table on the beach. 90 minutes of late afternoon sun was all that I could bear, as long as my face and head were in the shade. Of course I also wore a giant sun visor. Didn't care if I looked like an idiot. To be honest, it was damn weird lounging around in a bikini. I couldn't 'lounge' anymore. I needed to at least do something. Managed to read three stories in a book I just started, and decided that I should at least do a few press-ups and flips on the beach. Hahaha. Put on a dress when twilight fell and ordered dinner.  

I was relieved to see Choya calm and at ease. She has recently gotten really nervous and fearful in other people's homes and restaurants, even at their outdoor area, which can be rather enclosed (think Five&2). She literally shakes and pants, drooling a little, and goes into flight mode. She's most frightened at O'maJ currently. Ugh. She's much less anxious at restaurants whose al fresco areas are more open, say in a wide garden at NUDE Grill or here, on the beach. 

Choya was thrilled to be sniffing the sand and rolling around. She didn't exhibit interest in eating the sand, thank goodness. She was happy to chill out and lick ice cubes (that melted really fast). We didn’t go into the water. I didn’t bring her life jacket and I no like the water at Sentosa. She gave us big grins and plenty of Fancy Paws poses. She was absolutely fascinated by the setting sun. This was the first time she had seen the sun set over the horizon at the beach. She stared and stared at the glowing orb. Then she rolled over onto her side and snoozed. I was so pleased that I had three glasses of superbly refreshing G&Ts. It was such a beautiful evening.

No comments: