Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Oysters for the Man!


We weren’t going to squeeze with the crowds and cars at Greenwood Fish Market’s Bukit Timah premises. Toddled off to its more spacious Sentosa outlet that has much easier parking options, especially when we took a 6pm seating. The man didn’t know about the ‘oyster festival’ going on at the restaurant. I knew, and figured he would like it. I didn't give it much attention in August but when it got extended to end September, I figured we should go slurp some oysters. 

I would take a few oysters too, since this meal already involved me taking a antihistamine pill, probiotics and even a charcoal pill. Hahahaha. At the rate our oceans are being polluted, it's not going to be feasible to have sashimi or oysters in the near future. We took the tasting platter which came with eight types from different regions; 16 shells in total. Too bad they were out of a few I really wanted, say my all-time favorite Kumamoto from Puget Sound, WA. The man was very happy to polish off 12 oysters. 

Instead of getting more oysters, he opted to have a grilled jumbo prawn and a whole chargrilled European seabass. Waaah. A whole fish on our table at a restaurant. This was a luxury we hadn’t had in a while. I refuse to order a whole fish at restaurants nowadays because I can grill or steam fish just as beautifully at home. I’m not restricted by the supermarket or wet market’s selections since seafood wholesalers now deliver too. The whole fish took a while to be chargrilled, which was fine. The servers did warn us about the waiting time. It was worth the wait. I was really pleased with the fish tonight. It wasn’t overcooked, and it was super tasty. Loved the mash and grilled vegetables that accompanied the dish — those were superbly flavored and grilled to perfection. 🤎

No comments: