Sunday, February 14, 2021

A Savory Pumpkin Cake


K knows that I'm not fond of the usual sweets or sponge cakes or most desserts in form because of the additional sugar. She gave me the most delicious savory pumpkin cake from So Lapisly Good. 啊這妹子真有我的心。The baker does traditional yam cakes (they call it 'classic orh kueh'), but she trotted out a new version in the form of savory pumpkin cakes

Instead of a slab of cake, she gave me a whole cake. Wow. It was bulky and heavy, and only good friends could get away with giving me this kind of gift. Hahahah. It was such a pleasant surprise. It was nice because I didn't have plans to head out after I met her. She made sure to check on that. Heh.

The pumpkin cake was filled with bits of lupcheong, loads of preserved radish and spring onions. OMG. MY FAVORITE THINGS. The sheer amount of chye poh and spring onions was incredible. One will really have to like those to like this cake. It's similar to a Cantonese turnip cake (蘿蔔糕), but with more add-ons. I suppose this isn't exactly dessert. It's more dim sum huh? It is my kind of dessert though. Too funny. She might have given me my one and only birthday 'cake' for the year! 

2 comments:

Liverella said...

I see 3 hearts!

imp said...

so cute right? i was super tickled when I saw that.