Saturday, February 06, 2021

Drizzle Bowl by Kyn Moriayama


Happily bought this Drizzle Bowl made by Kyn Moriayama in collaboration with Vanillapup. Vanillapup listed a thorough description of the dimensions of the bowl and how it has been finished in a food-grade glaze, and how only the biggest bowl (at approximately 13.6cm diameter and 5.7cm depth; holds 400ml to 500ml of water) is suitable for holding food for their Latte, their 6+kg Westie. 

By now, I know what type of eater Choya is, and how neat she can be. Her sharp snout meant that there usually wouldn't be a mess to clear after meals unless she takes out all the food to eat it off the floor. Hahaha. She does that to bigger bones, on the some days. I bought the smallest bowl, categorized as No.5 on the shop (at 11.2cm diameter and 5.5cm depth). It was perfect to hold goat's milk for Choya to drink from. The best part- the ceramic bowl is apparently microwave and dishwasher-safe. 

Choya's handcrafted bowl arrived, and got promptly filled up with water to check for leaks. It felt good in my hands. The artist has got a lovely touch. I could put raw meat, offal and bones in there too. For a photo perhaps. I usually prefer raw things to be placed in inert bowls such as stainless steel or glass. Stainless steel works best because it doesn't break into a million pieces that still taunt me a week later if my cleaning up isn't thorough enough. 

As I looked at the bowl, the dog silently padded over and laid down, looking rather expectant. WHUT. How could she assume that this bowl is hers?! Fine. 30ml of goat’s milk went in there. She was pleased as punch. As she sipped, the bowl was heavy enough to hold steady on the marble floor. I didn’t put a mat underneath and it didn’t move. I'm excited about future collaborations. Let's see what designs they churn out. I wouldn't mind one as a açaí bowl for myself. Heh.

No comments: