Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Sunsets at Changi


Of late, I'm quite fond of Changi Beach Park as a running strip in the evenings. At 3.3km, it's really short, so it's great for my <5km jogs. Haha. It counts as HIIT aye. I dunno how often I should be hitting the gym for HIIT classes to not fall ill. Ugh. 

The dog loves it too. As much as she doesn't fancy seawater lapping at her paws, she loves the smell of the sea. As long as she's a distance away from the water, she's all chill. If she's gonna be lying around at home, she might as well lie out here and enjoy the fresh air. There're green patches for the dog to pee, so we're good for sunset sprints. 

Importantly, I haven't spotted any monkeys there yet. The damn things are everywhere. I have an antipathy towards monkeys; now I have a huge distaste of them. Long-tailed macaques are to be assiduously avoided. Lower and Upper Pierce Reservoirs will be foolhardy to attempt with Choya. I'll be extra vigilant and alert out at the parks. I never want any monkey to come near Choya again. Luckily the smol dog can be scooped up and carried in a jiffy. But I need my reflexes to move as fast as my thoughts.

Dining out is now permitted, with loads of restrictions. The current capacity of two diners is perfect for us. But it's still nice to pack food and sit out by the beach or at the park for a meal. We stop by Changi Village to get brainless and easy food on the way to the beach. Indoor dining isn't so fashionable nowadays unless we're at the friends' homes. 

I miss seeing brilliant sunsets like this by the beach. Sure, the evening hues at Changi Beach are soothing. But I do want to be plonked on some beach in Thailand to see the sunset. (Minus the sandflies and moxies please.) I miss evenly spiced Thai dishes. I miss being immersed in the language of the places. That scenario wouldn't be accompanied by Choya though, which makes me a tad wistful. If I choose not to travel, it'll be totally because of the dog. Heh. So I am glad that I've spent many many good years traveling through loads of cities, little towns and villages. I wonder when unencumbered quarantine-free leisure travel will return to fashion. 

No comments: