Friday, August 13, 2021

Tonkatsu at Hajime


On a day when I was in Serangoon Gardens to run errands and get groceries, it was great that J was free for a random lunch too. We didn't need fancy, so decided randomly to meet at Hajime. The restaurant doesn’t take reservations and only accept walk-ins. It would be quiet enough to accommodate the few tables it would have at lunch.

Hajime met our expectations for a casual lunch with its fuss-free and tasty meal options. The tonkatsu sets were super decent. I could pork done this way. A Loads of shredded cabbage, a lovely miso soup and a bowl of sticky rice came along with the set. I welcomed them all. I was hungry. For the tonkatsu, I didn't opt for the premium pork loin because I thought it would be rather fatty. I just wanted the regular ones where there would be a a higher percentage of lean meat. 

Then we hopped over to Apollo for a cup of coffee before going our separate ways to run our respective errands. Takeaway coffee works, but like beer, sipping a freshly pulled shot is the best. I certainly won't bother getting a coffee machine at home to pull own shots. Ahhh... the luxury of being able to dine out, to have instant conversations with good friends instead of losing humor and meaning over text messages.... I've missed this quite a bit.  

No comments: