Saturday, September 25, 2021

Bubbly + Wonton Mee at Morsels


Between days of penciling in solitude and also fulfilling self-isolation hours (after checking in with the old folks), I hadn't seen V for weeks. I've missed her face! It was sooooo good to catch up with her over a looooong lunch at Morsels.

I didn't need loads of food today. I was hungry but not starving. A one dish meal is always good. I like Morsels' weekly rotating noodle sets. Those work very well for my stomach. I'm generally okay with all their noodles when they don't go big on herbs or Sichuan pepper to flavor their food. This week was wonton mee. I love their rendition.

In this rendition of wonton mee, the restaurant uses charred pork jowl char siew, springy egg noodles coated with herbal umami sauce, and nuggets of kimchi pork wonton. The jalapeño citrus chili was served on the side, and there was a bowl of rich chicken broth too. The chili was fun and spicy enough, so I slurped it all up. The chicken broth was a tad saltier than I expected. I didn't quite know what to do with it, and left it after three spoonfuls.

It was a hot day. I needed to get some groceries and clear some more work after lunch; I wasn't going to have a glass of red, and definitely not a bottle of that. So I ordered an easy bottle of 'Marcelle Lochardet' Cremant de Bourgogne Blanc de Blancs from Domaine Heitz-Lochardet. We polished it off within two hours. Hurhurhur. This was such a soul-nourishing lunch.

No comments: