Friday, September 24, 2021

Yes, Those Are FitFlops

I haven't really thought about buying dress shoes for a long while. Well, my line of work doesn't exactly need me to dress up. When I conscientiously shy away from socials that require dressing up, the invitations also dwindle. Replacing dress shoes when the leather soles or tops deteriorate isn't my priority. Keeping worn shoes in my wardrobe is a big no-no. I'm not enthusiastic about walk-in wardrobes; I didn't bother carving out space for one in this flat. 

I've pared down the wardrobe loads. I eschew the designer brands for shoes now. I refuse to pay for a pair shoes that cost more than S$450. With Choya in my life, I need shoes that I can run in. They also need to be somewhat resistant to poop and pee, and rain. I'm not in the habit of spending S$1100 on a pair of flats that are oh-so-chic but they aren't exactly comfortable, and still can't withstand six months of walking the dog.

To that, I've caved in to FitFlop, especially when they've updated their brand lines and trotted out a whole slew of very comfortable shoes. Yes, you heard that. I used to avoid FitFlop like plague. That's because I keep seeing them as ugly kiap-kiap platform flip-flops worn by people donning the most horrendous clashing colors from head to toe. Now, I've decided that I'll simply embrace FitFlop. I can't remember, but did the brand ever advertise it as some sort of shoes that help you exercise or something? Anyway.

That day I walked by a random store doing a 'moving out sale', and bought five pairs of FitFlop- sandals, ballerinas and slip-on flats. These will replace all the shoes that I've worn out. Since I can't get to Bangkok to buy shoes, and I don't really want them to be made from the old moulds (from two years ago), I'll just put that on hold till I can get back to the beloved city.  

I have bunions, and high arches. My feet loves them, that's all it matters. All my FitFlops are in neutral color palates. Monochrome mainly. I'll try my best to wear them as stylishly as I could. But I'll hit 50 years old soon. I don't think I can avoid being labeled an 'Aunty'. OH WELL. 😆

No comments: