Friday, September 03, 2021

Burping After Burpees


I'm relieved and pleased that the gyms are open again. I’m weary of all the restrictions placed on gyms. Sure, the gyms are technically hotbeds for Covid clusters to form. But is it pure luck that the clusters aren’t happening there first?  

We have hit an 80% full regimen of national vaccinations for Covid-19. That must mean something. At the minimum, we shouldn't go into another lockdown or have the restaurants close again. If we do this, then we'll never be able to live with this mutating virus. Many gyms and some pilates studios opt to open only to vaccinated individuals (as per current government pandemic regulations), so we could have mask-off HIIT sessions with a limited number of humans. That works very well for me.

I don't go all out at any one time to get the heart rate up. It's not necessary to push it. I have no intention to drop dead or unconscious from an unexpected cardiac episode. HIIT is needed to keep the metabolism going, not kill me. I've been so lazy that swimming and running haven't featured in the calendar for weeks. The laziness does nothing to optimize gains in gyrotonic and pilates classes. With HIIT sessions back on track, it makes for more effective and productive stretching and rotation in pilates and gyrotonic. 

There's so much gas going on in the gastrointestinal tract that the stomach is a tad bloated. Burps and farts are happening at a ridiculous rate. LOL In tandem with eating smaller meals, I needed to get the gas out. That usually takes a week, or more, if I'm not disciplined about food intake. (Am already back on probiotics for the month.) The dyspepsia is uncomfortable, not the least painful. Doing a ton of mountain climbers and burpees ensure that I really burp. Hahahaha. Burping seriously relieves the bloat in the upper abdomen. 

No comments: