Tuesday, September 07, 2021

Raja Bojun Sri Lankan Food


The man was in the mood for fiery spices. So he got us a takeout from Rasa Raja Bojun Sri Lankan Food at Tekka Market & Food Centre. We got one portion to share. It's about S$10 for five items, including one meat. There would be vegetables and curries, sambol and such,  Since we were sharing, the man added many more items. 

It has been a loooong while since we ate food from this stall. Helmed by Mr Odi, it has been around for a decade, and we're glad to see it open and doing brisk business after the pandemic closures. I think I still prefer these flavors when it comes to Sri Lankan food. The other option of a restaurant in Singapore isn't what I prefer. (Yes, I prefer these over Kotuwa's.) It's hard to find Sri Lankan food in Singapore because many simply cook at home. 

It was a big heavy portion of mango curry, kesel muwa (banana flower curry), coconut sambol, pepper chicken and fish rolls. Wooohooo. I'm not keen on mutton, but the man is. Although he skipped both the pepper mutton and the delicious fish curry this round. There was 'soup'. This version of rasam is lovely. Tangy and flavorful. Drank half of it. 

The gotukola salad is not my favorite thing. It's full of coriander. UGH. Luckily for me, the man didn't bother with that today. There was the pol roti (coconut bread) with chilli chutney. I love that! That's usually breakfast food, like appam or idli. It's too heavy for my breakfast, but it's something that I could simply eat as a mid-day meal. Ooof. There's NO WAY I could have finished this one-person packet on my own. Thankfully this was to be shared.

Rasa Raja Bojun (Sri Lankan Food)
662 Buffalo Rd, Tekka Food Centre 
#01-280 Singapore 210665
Hours: Tuesdays to Sundays, 9.30am to 9.30pm

No comments: