Thursday, September 30, 2021

Treatos Galore!


Choya turns four over the weekend. I'm never doing that dog birthday party thing. I'm so not into it. I'm doing away with a birthday cake for Choya too. Her diet now doesn't necessitate the need for a whole cake of cooked items. She has displayed a clear preference for raw meats over cooked.

So I ordered a bunch of treats from Barking Good, and sent it to school for the handlers to distribute to her school-mates. The whole food freeze-dried treats are made in an AVS-certified kitchen, and the ingredients are clearly stated on the label. Pawrents would decide whether to feed their dogs with it. The school's handlers would be better clued in to each floof's food allergies. The whole distribution thing is good public relations for the school anyway. 

I didn't forget about the humans at school. I didn't bother to send them mooncakes last week — they would have received a ton of that. I'm not bothered about Mid-Autumn Festival anyway. It's so close to Choya's birthday that I'd rather send the humans an appreciation gift while celebrating her birthday. It's also to thank them for taking care of Choya, staying in touch with me over a clear communication channel, and keeping her safe for yet another year. 

This year, I sent them cakes from Chef Yamashita. The bakery delivered the boxes punctually to school. I didn't ask for an exact count of humans at school. I simply assumed — there would be at least 15 on the duty crew on any given day. Three small 12-cm cakes in different flavors should suffice for different tastebuds.

Choya fell into deep sleep in the bus and came back exhausted. Her demeanor told me that it was another fun day at school. She was tired out from playing all day in school. Rolled in grass and mud, swam and ran and jumped. She also brought back a little gift from all the crew at school. Too cute. She wouldn't be any wiser as to what this was all about. She probably got lots of attention and rubs on the head that she might not fully care for, except from her favorite humans at school. Hahaha. I welcomed home a very happy and cheeky girl. 

No comments: