Friday, March 25, 2022

Jelebu's Lobster Dry Laksa

The home-based business by Renée Tang of Jelebu Dry Laksa is now a pop-up (till 31 May) at Hotel Soloha on 12 Teck Lim Road in the form of 'Jelebu X Takeshi Noodle Bar'. I love love love laksa in its dry or wet form. I just don't like the extra laksa leaves sprinkled into the bowl upon serving.

It's a small restaurant and seats are limited. It takes maybe 18 people; at most 20 if there're two groups of five to a table. There're bowls of dry laksa with prawns or half a Boston lobster tail by Jelebu Dry Laksa with other food options of Marmite Brussels sprouts and sliced sirloin steak, small plates that rotate monthly, and dessert, and there're also bowls of collagen and seafood mala ramen by Takeshi Noodle Bar

We were there for the dry laksa. It was a planned lunch, so I had popped an antihistamine in anticipation of shellfish. But I didn't realize I could ditch the grilled tiger prawns. While I couldn't do anything about the stock (the pill ingested would help), I was happy to see lobster on the menu too. Yayyy. So I opted for a butter poached half lobster dry laksa

The man had to have a Buah Kaya cocktail, with a base of white rum, kaya, pineapple juice and evaporated milk. Eiooowww. Cocktails are really not my thing lah. That's really a form of liquid dessert. I really didn't mind the goreng pisang with chilli chocolate dip. Freshly fried, of course, it was gorgeous. One was enough for me. (Fried items are a quite a no-no because I get the runs straight after.) But yes, savory desserts are my thing. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, I've had her dry laksa a few times when she was operating a home-based business and enjoyed her rendition of the dish! Back then, it didn't come with cockles... which is fine since I don't eat them anyway.

imp said...

i didn't bother to get it when it was on IG only. since now it's popping up and sharing space with Takeshi Noodle Bar, i had to try! the cockles are fully cooked. i ate one. hahaha