Thursday, March 24, 2022

How's Your Lent Going?

This Lent isn't going well for me at all. I'm flailing. I barely eked out quiet time these few weeks. There're 1001 worldly tasks demanding my attention. Don't we all have that? I'm failing horribly at being positive. And trying very hard not to be mean. I'm not particularly unkind. I'm very reasonable. But I do not go out of my way to 'be nice'. Being mean is my usual thing. 

Work pressure and stress are just work things. They're plodding along fine. Deadlines are met, the scope of the projects are kept to, and any expansions are reasonable. I can't exactly blab about them online, and I'll just deal with them as they come. As it is, taking on projects on a term-basis is a huge load off the mental stress. It keeps things in check and everything in perspective because I'm not beholden to a firm's annual appraisal systems. My KPIs are clear and the goal posts do not move. 

On the first day of Lent, Sunny Heights (Animal World Pte Ltd) pissed me off by suddenly announcing that they would cease operations OVERNIGHT, and then went MIA on every client with existing packages and outstanding sessions unconsumed. There's no way I'm forgiving the debt. I won't get the $900 refunded. But I'm going to have a think about whether I want to pay ≥$20,000 in legal fees to give the ACRA-listed assholes personal admin hell for the year. They're banking on clients not to take it that far. It's enormously unfair.

After the December and January spate of solid poops and happiness, Choya's second round of explosive diarrhea in February when she went back to school for two weeks. I was so annoyed, and I was miffed with myself for not heeding my instincts. Her GI tract hasn't healed properly since then. A month later, over last weekend, dunno-what triggered another round of gastroenteritis. ARRRGGGH. Then when the liquid shits stopped, this morning, she pooped out a long string of mucus that made her Daddy shriek in horror 'It's a part of her intestine!' What the. It's brown lah, no dark tarry blood or fresh red blood. He always shrieks when he sees Choya's blood, wounds and bodily fluids. This is why he cannot deal with the smol girl's health thingies. I brought it home for an inspection. It's a string of mucus-coated dead grass and leaves, obviously there for a week maybe. Were these causing the blockage, and the decay resulted in the inflammation of the gut? My poor smol girl.

The man isn't Catholic. Well, he's agnostic. But as partners, he's definitely the better person this Lent. I'm grateful to him as a pillar of support. He literally isn't my main pillar of support because in this life, I cannot be more thankful to have lifelong friends who are my pillars of support. They share the equal burden of having to deal with uhhh me. Hahaha. Except each friend gets a different sort of shit piled on them. I don't unload everything in the same way on them. That would be way too much.  

I was reading Isaiah/Isaias for the week. And rolled eyes. Acccck. REALLY. NO.

To the upright I will show the saving power of God. 

“When you do these things, shall I be deaf to it?

Or do you think that I am like yourself?

I will correct you by drawing them up before your eyes. He that offers praise as a sacrifice glorifies me; 

and to him that goes the right way I will show the salvation of God.” 

~ (Responsorial) Psalm 50

No comments: