Saturday, March 05, 2022

Point Point Rice :: 這個那個飯


We've been getting to-go food from this point-point rice stall, Kimly Mixed Rice / Jin Wei Fan Chuang / 金味飯莊 at Everton Park that is really decent! It's a chain with many outlets across the island. Many of these ubiquitous 'mixed vegetables / cai fan / cai png (菜飯)' stalls are just passable. It's like nasi padang stalls in a food court. Most sell eeky dishes that are either tasteless or over-salted. Finding a convenient and good point-point rice stall is like playing a game of bingo! I never bothered to note the name of the stall till the fifth or sixth time we went to get a takeout. LOL Yes, it's that mundane. 

I was quite surprised that as far as brainless Asian-Chinese dishes go, this one at Everton Park is pretty all right! It's got a huge range of items for our selection. The crew who cooks them all, do them well. They're kinda tasty and not over-salted. They even have sambal stingray. At $5 to $9.20 for a portion of takeaway (depending on how many meats one chooses), if I live nearer to the stall, I'd buy more often from them; why would I bother to even cook. 

The man likes the curry and always has it ladled over all his dishes. I'm like, won't they all taste the same? Eiooow. I no like curry done like this or having wet rice. A half-portion of rice is enough for me. I think I'm just in love with their steamed egg and minced pork. Heh. That's an unbeatable combination. I sometimes add on the chicken chop or whatever for the man when he can't fit all his food into one takeaway tub. Hahahah. The chilli is all right too, it's spicy enough. 


金味飯莊 / Jin Wei Fan Chuang / Kimly Mixed Rice
Everton Food Place (non-airconditioned kopitiam)
Block 7 Everton Park #01-01 Singapore 080007
Hours: 8am to 8pm daily; closed for a week during Lunar New Year. 
(Food tends to run out by 7pm.)

No comments: