Saturday, April 09, 2022

Hatsu at Yujin Izakaya

After a whole day of drizzle, the late afternoon arrived cloudy, keeping the temperatures less balmy. That was much appreciated for dinner with V at an outdoor table at Yujin Izakaya. The restaurant is not exactly sited in town, but after a long day in the office, V decided to take a much-needed walk to dinner. Nice! 

A highball or a glass of sake, white rice and chicken hearts are the most indulgent things one could have for dinner. The other day at dinner, I had two highballs, and three sticks of hatsu and one gyu-don to myself. Hearts and rice. Best combination ever. I ate 15 chicken hearts. NO REGRETS. 

Tonight, I also ordered three sticks of hatsu. But I shared them with V! Hahahaha. I prudently only had seven chicken hearts. Maybe I should have just taken six. Should have given her extras. They're way too high in fats and cholesterol. Also shared a grilled yellowtail cheek, potato salad and a cold tomato. I passed on most of the fried chicken skin. I very much prefer steamed chicken skin. 😉 

Two bottles of 300ml sake were the drinks to go with food tonight. Speaking of which, I'm drinking wayyyy too much. That's a lot of sugar as well. NO GOOD FOR AGING PEOPLE. I'm not sleeping very well in the nights, thanks to the dog. With insufficient sleep overall and surviving on caffeine on most days, and hot flushes + night sweats if I drink too much, I should start limiting alcohol intake. 

No comments: