Thursday, May 05, 2022

Nhung Kitchen

We wouldn't have gone by little eatery but for the convenience of running errands in the area. Nhung Kitchen popped up on a search for bánh mì. To a quick lunch at the eatery it was. I've completely forgotten  the existence of the rather run-down 24-year-old Balestier Point. Anyway, Nhung Kitchen is clean and bright and it's sited at the front of the building, just next to the driveway.    

I'm totally not a phở person. Since I can almost never find mì Quảng on the menu at most places, my default is bún thịt. I love the cold vermicelli with herbs, roasted peanuts and pickled carrots and such, and topped with meats. I always dunk a ton of that sweet and sour chilli sauce into the bowl. Super tasty. The eatery has bún thịt with beef, chicken and pork. Alrighty, bún thịt nướng it was for me. It was honestly delicious, and better than the ones at the restaurants in town or at the food court. I rarely bother to go to the east for bún thịt. Those restaurants in the east are fine if you prefer phở and such.

We had coffee too. Hot and black for me; iced milk coffee for the man. I hadn't had Vietnamese coffee for a while. I forgot how sweet the black coffee can be. But it was fine. It wasn't a large cup. The nutty flavors more than made up for it. The man was here for the bánh mì. He opted for a bánh mì with ham and pâté and an egg. He said that the baguette was good. But that carpark. Hahahah. He wouldn't want to park there again. It isn't as bad as Golden Mile Tower though. Food is good lah. We'd likely get easy food items to-go, drive by and pick it up. 

No comments: