Saturday, May 28, 2022

Yummy Spices at Bangla Lim


Now that Bangla Lim has moved from Eunos to 223 Geylang Road, it's more accessible to us. There's sufficient parking space at lunch, except that the traffic in the area is always heavy. The man was most happy to drive there. He can't do without his weekly dose of spices. 

Boss Lim partnered Yousof to open this eatery to focus on Bangladeshi food. Yousof takes care of the menu and the cooking. He can sure cook. With zero formal training, Yousof definitely has a flair for it. I don't need my chefs to have such and such qualifications. Cook good food, and I'll come eat it. 

The eatery offers seabass, but we preferred the putti fish. It's a freshwater barb of sorts, and features prominently in Bangladeshi food. It's full of bones, but very tasty. Just pick it out the flesh ever so carefully. The Tengra putti fish curry was delicious. We also had beef curry and Malai curry chicken. Hahaha. Small servings for two to share. 

There was a lentil soup of sorts. It's like rasam, but not quite. It's nowhere near the dhal I'm used to; if it's dhal, it's super thin and clear. I was pleased with the fish, but wasn't big on the meats. I also added vegetables of bittergourd and potatoes. The vegetables change around, depending on the chef's mood, I suppose. Hot blazing day. Yummy spices. Happy tummy. Why not. 

No comments: