Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Spontaneous Chicken Biryani

J and L scored a spontaneous week day release of chicken biryani from Z @globalmatsoulkitchen, and asked us over for dinner. The man had made plans with his colleagues, so he passed on this invite, but he totally wanted his box of biryani. Hahahah. Sure. We'd save him a box. 

I happily turned up at the friends' dining table to eat. The dog was flat out snoozing after her morning pack walk. I just cleared a few deadlines and was brain dead. I was just going to get a takeout of whatever and watch something brainless on Netflix. The friends' invite was a bonus! Being able to eat with the friends was a welcome hour of easy conversation, and my stomach was happy. 😍

The friends bought four boxes. It was meant to be a box for each of us. But these boxes held super generous portions, so the three of us ended up sharing two boxes, and there were two more boxes for me to take home. I never cared much about the chicken, although Z's version and his marinade are superb. I totally wanted the skin. The gravy and mix of spices meant that the basmati was ridiculously tasty. And I'm a carb monster. Dinner totally hit a spot. I was so pleased. I also had a cautious three glasses of red.

Went home with two boxes of biryani, as well as the achar, and L's thoughtful portions of dessert for the man — a giant durian puff and an egg tart. I was also gifted a box of Roka cheese crispies, courtesy of L's mom who just got back to town. Wheeeeeee. We felt so pampered. The chicken biryani fed us the next day for lunch, and the man was thrilled to have two types of dessert for tea. 

No comments: