Friday, August 12, 2022

Aperol Spritz & Wine


It always feels so much better when there're more than two people to split a bottle of wine. There's less pressure to finish. You know how I'm wary of drinking too much nowadays. This is why I don't bother ordering expensive wines anymore. I can appreciate the quality, but I could only do two glasses and can't justify the price of leaving behind half a bottle of wine.

We gathered at S and P's cosy and lovely space for drinks. It was a night of much needed conversation and companionship. We had the best aperol spritz. I've never tasted such a good one till tonight! S do a balanced ratio of the mix, and it isn't crazy sweet. (Yes, there are really crap versions out there for $18 a glass. Yucks.) This was such a gorgeous aperitif. Her choice of prosecco/champagne is top notch. It makes all the difference. Now she's gone and spoilt it for me. I can't quite have aperol spritz anywhere else! Hahaha. 

We opted to have light bites. Nobody could eat that much nowadays. P cooked, and insisted on prepping the meal hot. Shrimp and chicken ngoh hiang, and pork meatballs were easy nibbles. To the man and I, we really loved the lentils and chorizo, and the lamb couscous. They were unexpectedly delicious! P could really cook! 

It's always deeply appreciated when Choya gets an invite too. Often, I dare not ask, so it came as a surprise to have S and P invite Choya over. Awwwwww. She toddled along and was the goodest girl. Scored herself a decent portion of cheddar. Ooof.  

No comments: