Friday, September 23, 2022

Pasta Together Before V Flew Out

When I texted V to meet and she gave me two dates to choose from, I was so glad that I didn't dawdle. While I couldn't change the date of the concert, there was a dinner fixed on the other date that could be rescheduled. So I did that. Only upon meeting V, I realized that she was flying out on her vacation the very next night. WTF! The date totally slipped my mind! Thank goodness this derelict friend caught her in time. 

Bundled up the Smol Girl and sprinted down to D.O.P for dinner with V. Gosh, to think I almost missed catching her before her trip. Accccck. I could catch her when she returns, but I would miss not seeing her face for a whole two months. I'm too used to seeing her regularly for coffee and meals and random things.

D.O.P never disappoints. Also, I've been having an insane craving for pasta. I haven't been working out extra, but the pilates classes have been grueling. So I've been hungry. GIMME MY CARBS. We shared a small starter of pan-seared scarmoza with porcini mushroom, For V, it was a tortellini with burrata, basil and ricotta in pink sauce, and a hearty penne bolognese for me. Two glasses of aperol spritz went so well with my pasta. I was very happy with dinner.

No comments: