Saturday, September 24, 2022

Shellfish & Pasta!


Happiness was eating pasta as a main and not as an appetizer portion during lunch in the middle of a busy day. Usually if I'm rushing about, then I don't particularly want a full meal. Stuffing my face always means a food coma settling in during a meeting when I need all my sharp wits about. 

Today at lunch with J at Bar Cicheti, we were both hungry and didn't bother with starter portions. A full main sized pasta bowl it was. J couldn't ever get past her favorite picci cacio e pepe. Hahaha. I don't know if she has bothered to eat other types of pasta in main portions. The restaurant has always trotted out dependable pasta in limited but lovely flavors. 

I had antihistamines and went for broke. Ordered a starter of Manila clams to share, and also a spaghettini nero with Argentinian prawns. I generally like all types of pasta, but vegetarian and shellfish flavors lend the most layers, so I'm inclined towards those. I do love shellfish, except they might just knock me out with rashes and a horrid itch, or worse shut down my airways. Ugh.

Since I had no afternoon meetings, I decided to have two glasses of sparkling (c'était un Le Les Blaisisières Blanc de Blancs Brut du Maison Crochet. Ils n'avaient ni prosecco ni cava) with my pasta. They were absolutely refreshing. What a perfect lunch with the best company. 

No comments: