Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Making Sure the Pull-Ups Are Good

When the man was recuperating and couldn't hit the gym as usual, he could only do stretches at home. (No exertion, because of the possibility of hernia.) He submitted his medical leave to his gyms and he couldn't go anyway. Hahaha. I'm not like him. I'm only subscribed to one gym, and that continued. But I couldn't stop by four times a week as I normally would; I only could do once or twice a week for the month. 

I only canceled pilates and gyrotonic for two weeks and resumed the classes after. These are my essential aerobic exercises. HIIT gym-time decreased, but I didn't slack off on my anaerobic exercise. To make up for the lack of gym-time and keep up with the cardio, I actually got in a few 5km runs around the estate. 

I really dislike cardio. I absolutely hate burpees and mountain climbers and sit throughs. But Ritual totally loves putting these into their class programs. Grrrrrrr. It is the fastest way to get one's heart rate up. People ask why don't I sign up with a gym that would challenge me. Well, Ritual meets my most important requirement for now- the cancellation notice is within the hour of the class's start timing, and I can always book a class at the off-peak timing that I want. I modify my workouts at Ritual for my own maximum benefits. And I don't just have Ritual classes as my only form of exercise.  

Anyway, I usually gauge the loss of strength via pull-ups on the rings. I'm not bothered to do like many pull-ups. Just five or ten good ones in the allocated time frame suffice. I'm quite pleased that I can do ten pull-ups on the rings rather easily now. The last three are still an effort, but at least I didn't struggle too badly. I didn't have to squirm like a worm to get up, and could feel every inch of those muscles working and protracting to get the most work out of them. 

No comments: