Saturday, November 19, 2022

A Seabass & A Beer


Had an invigorating day at a pilates masterclass and was hungry. Needed carbs yet something light. Didn't want any eateries in Tanjong Pagar or Tiong Bahru. Hahaha. How? My default makan venues in the East are usually along Katong or Joo Chiat. The man brought Smol Girl to meet me at Pigsfly Kitchen & Bar

Had two fellow 'classmates' with me who live in the neighborhood and didn't mind joining me for dinner. We know this place. The food is nothing to scream about, but its varied menu caters to everyone's tastebuds and is superb for an easy and casual dinner. Of course you gotta order some drinks. I love it that it offers fresh juices and a whole coconut.

The table went for beers on tap, an easy Paulaner witbier. I didn't fancy any of the beers on tap. Opted for a bottle of Coopers Pale Ale instead. I like it because it's predictable and boring. I like this particular classic flavor of a pale ale.  I have no interest in experimental pale ales that taste like pilsner or a lager, or worse, with tons of hops and closer to an IPA. 

The classmates had Thai beef noodles (soup) and a prawn masala with garlic naan. I was in the mood for a salad and a fish done Asian style. The man and I shared a whole seabass steamed Thai style. Hurhurhur. I missed having fish in that tangy Thai lime and lemongrass gravy. Loved those chillies sprinkled atop. But we didn't want jasmine rice, so we ordered basmati instead. The Caesar's salad was odd, but it worked for me. Heh. 

No comments: