Sunday, December 04, 2022

ความอยากอาหาร :: ต้มเล้งแซ่บ


I had an insane craving for the Thai style spicy pork spine soup (tom leng saap or tom saap leng, ต้มเล้งแซ่บหรือต้มแซ่บกระดูกหมู) with sticky rice. I can do this soup quite easily. It's easier to prep than a pot of tom yum soup. BUT I didn't feel like cooking my own, so I stopped by Un Yang Kor Dai for a fix. Went there for lunch after gym, so I first inhaled two coconuts because I needed to replenish electrolytes. Chilled coconut juice in its shell is sooooo refreshing. 

Ordered a dish of grilled eggplants for the man who wanted vegetables. I didn't want any. I was very focused on finishing my pork ribs and soup. The tangy and spicy mix of fish sauce, lemongrass, chillies and lime and lemons is irresistible. The only way to eat this dish for me, is to pair it with sticky brown rice. Wheeeeee.

Un Yang Kor Dai presents their leng saap with a flourish. They fire it up before pouring in the soup. The restaurant's version is fairly watered down in terms of spices and chilli. There isn't a ton of chillies and spring onions or coriander piled in the soup. The kitchen has opted go light on those. This version isn't as fiery as what I would have liked, or what any stall in Thailand offers. But it would do. 

No comments: