Thursday, January 05, 2023

蛋撻、菠蘿包同埋餐肉


Had a new year catch-up with some folks, and majority opted to meet in the west. Luckily they didn't suggest that new-ish Starbucks at Jurong Lake Gardens. They opted for Tai Cheong Bakery at Holland Village, and promised me luncheon meat. Okaaaay. 

This is my first visit to Tai Cheong Bakery's sit-down cafe. Apparently this is their only outlet. Oh my, a cha chaan teng (茶餐廳)! They've been open for a few years I think, but I don't frequent the area enough to visit it. If they have more outlets, I might ditch Toast Box for it. For one, their food is wayyy better. I definitely like this kitchen's limited menu compared to Tsui Wah at Clarke Quay (why are they still in business?! The SG kitchen sucks).

The table ordered a few rounds of drinks. I stuck to my black coffee, which was pretty decent. They also ordered a ton of egg tarts and chicken pies. Since it was brunch, S had a macaroni tomato soup thing with prawns and shredded chicken. Old-school flavors! I skipped the egg tarts and pies since I'm not a fan. I had to have that set of spam fries with scrambled egg and a bolo bun. I've forgotten how good bolo buns can be. It's sweet, but this one is nice.

I loved my set of food. Silky scrambled eggs. Wooohooo. And THAT SPAM. That spam is REAL SPAM. Hahaha. The table died at my pronunciation; the snark came fast and furious, "How real can spam be?!", "Can you sift out any feelers?" Too bad that there were only three chunky sticks with the portion. I continued eating my spam and refused to entertain them. These aren't spam people. You know nothing. LOL

I need to come back to eat that macaroni soup with eggs and luncheon meat.

Rectified that promptly the next day at a late lunch. Opted for a chicken soup over tomato (eiooow) It stormed through the hour, so the macaroni soup with three eggs and spam was best as the rain pelted down.

No comments: