Tuesday, January 17, 2023

我最鍾意食嘅餐肉蛋飯!


I did too much schmoozing in the morning and at lunch. I was exhausted and didn't want to talk to anyone for the rest of the day. Didn't even really talk to the man. I read and read till I fell asleep and woke up at 6.30pm. I asked to eat in. A simple fuss-free meal. Days like this, I look for comfort food. I was gonna do a sunny-side up for the Smol Girl, so I might as well prep something simple for myself. #ImpieCooks2023

The man was most keen to try out his newly bought pack of BamNut Noodles. He passed on the seasoning provided in the box and opted to do his own. He likes that Laoganma (老干妈) chilli oil. He minced a ton of garlic to make sauce with it, and tossed the boiled noodles in them. He ate the noodles with some leftover grilled chicken and cabbage, and asked for a sunny-side up with it. He loved the noodles and how it all tasted in a bowl. Hahaha. 

I didn't ask him to cook my share. I had a craving that I needed to satisfy and it didn't involve noodles. Although I took a bite to try it. The texture was pretty okay, I suppose. But I'm not big on ramen and such, so I don't like the noodles or what it's made of. It should taste fine if you use the sauces you like. I dislike this Laoganma and chilli oil in general. This would be the man's dinner, not mine.

Me? Of course I had spam and rice + a sunny-side up egg. Hahahah. 我最鍾意嘅餐肉蛋飯! 好耐都冇食啦. No restaurant can do this dish as well as we can do it at home, unless the restaurant is happy to cater to exactly what we want. It's such a 'cheap' dish that restaurants won't even offer it nowadays. Smol Girl was excited by all the food smells. And in her usual polite way, waited to see what foods she would be allocated. Heh. She was thrilled that got an egg on top of her raw meats and bone. 

4 comments:

coboypb said...

I have tried all the flavours of WhatIf noodles. The noodles are ok but I don't really fancy the seasoning and sauce provided. Spam and egg are yummy!

b.muse said...

The crispiness of that spam! That's a winning combi, always.
Haha I know that social battery flat feeling, oof. Glad you knew exactly what you needed.

imp said...

coboypb: we opened a pack to smell it. hmmm. threw them all out. hahahaha. we have oil and soy at home, so we can just do a simple oyster sauce or prawn paste thing too. the noodles are pretty decent. shall buy them again.

imp said...

b.muse: SPAM. hahahaha. it makes me feel much better even though it doesn't recharge my brains. :PPppPPP