Saturday, February 11, 2023

烤鴨 :: 二人席


When J asked me what I would like for dinner, I shamelessly asked for Peking duck. Hahahaha. She obliged and promptly made a reservation at Imperial Treasure Super Peking Duck, and reserved a Peking duck. Totally intended to eat our fill of...... duck. 烤鴨! It's my not-so-secret indulgence.

It stormed down that evening, and although I wasn't drenched, I felt like a bowl of hot soup. The soup of the day was pork ribs and luffa with dried squid. OKAY. That was perfect. That steaming hot bowl of soup totally hit a spot. It was quite a pleasure and a relief to skip alcohol for this meal. 

Two people can't do a whole duck unless both really really like duck. J and I really really really like Peking duck. I don't like it crispy or braised all that much. I like roast duck, and especially Peking duck. J can't resist the skin of Peking duck, or any roast duck skin; she even takes the fatty portion. Gosh! No wonder she limits her intake of duck. LOL I only take some of the thin crisp skin and I leave the rest of the fatty bits. I always ask for duck breast even when getting those bento boxes from the supermarkets or at the kopitiam

We were very focused. Two of us — one whole Peking duck. Done. We didn't need any vegetables or dessert, or anything else. It was extremely filling when we also devoured two baskets of wraps (春餅). The chef sliced it up for us beautifully in two plates of boneless meats. We shared a bowl of rice to go with the rest of the duck that were mostly bones in a ginger-scallion stir fry. What an extravagant dinner! My stomach was sooooo happy.

2 comments:

jo said...

Roast duck lunch date awaits us in March!

imp said...

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. END MARCH LAH. My stomach hasn't forgotten about this one yet!