Thursday, March 30, 2023

Meats and Corn at Super Loco


Smol Girl got dressed up and joined us for dinner at Super Loco Robertson Quay. We hadn't eaten here for years, and it was nice to stop by. The afternoon rains made for a cool evening.

The açai and blueberry frozen margarita was delicious! I almost wanted another jug of that. I didn't mind the blood orange and guava, but that was wayyy sweet; I couldn't finish it. Didn't bother ordering sangria or anything else. Didn't want to over-do the alcohol tonight.

Had starters of baja fish tacos, mushroom quesadillas, and Mexican chopped salad with fried tofu in quinoa. The baja fish tacos is now $14 for one. At the very least, it's a generous portion, and the tacos is done well. These starters were more than enough for me. I didn't need any mains. But I wanted grilled sweet corn. Had two portions of that. I skipped out on the meats. Not keen. Next time, I'll tell them to hold off the cotija. I don't like corn and cheese together in whatever combination. Surprisingly I didn't bother with guac. No need. An avalanche of avocados just landed at home, and I would need to eat all that.

There was a chargrilled chicken done so tender (likely brined) with pineapple habanero salsa. Ordered rice with spicy tomato sofrito and jalapeño for the people wanted that. The man also wanted an Angus ribeye with porcini and guajillo rub, served with piquillo chimichurri and salsa verde. The man was a happy camper. He slathered hot sauces over everything. LOL These aren't that spicy, so it simply lends a nice flavor rather than singe your tongue and tonsils. 

No comments: