Tuesday, May 23, 2023

My First Flight in 3 Years! 🛫


I have totally forgotten how it felt traipsing through airports. To think that I used to spend so much time in them, pre Choya. The pandemic isn't that much of a deterrent to traveling. It's the presence of the dog and her needs that I have prioritized. I have willingly scaled back all my traveling for her.    

This is my first ride in a plane since the pandemic lockdowns of 2020 and 2021! OMG. Thank goodness I have a valid passport that was renewed in 2021. My destination is Hong Kong. A city that I love, miss and wondered how the vibes are now. It has seen and changed so much that so many of my good friends have given up on their country of birth or long-term residence, and emigrated or left to live somewhere else. I no longer have good friends living there that I would want to catch up with on this trip. 

This trip is happening because M scored a free ticket on Cathay Pacific. So S and I decided to make a trip out of it and got ourselves tickets on CX too. We packed light, but our suitcases were big. Hahaha. It's for all the shopping that we would be doing. I have things to buy, but they're not that much. Should the girls require it, I have extra baggage allowance on CX for them to utilize, like they could buy and fill a new 23-kg suitcase. LOL

I skipped all the meals in-flight and only asked for ice cubes and water. What for. I wasn't hungry. I just wanted to snooze a little and read; kept my mask on the face and air pressure ear plugs firmly locked in. It was a full flight and I'm not used to the sounds and the smells. I was the first one out of the plane and sprinted to immigrations, and felt mildly victorious at the non-existent immigration queue. I wanted to pick up our suitcases before the girls joined me. As our car crossed the Tsing Ma Bridge, this trip finally felt real. 

I am in Hong Kong!

Crossing Tsing Ma Bridge (青馬大橋).

No comments: