Saturday, May 20, 2023

Pilates, Intensive!


My pilates instructor is going on maternity leave soon. So I'm appreciating these last few classes with her. We didn't exactly discuss when she'd return to teaching, but I'm not perturbed. She would minimally take three months off, I'm sure.

The instructor decided to swop all these classes to the studio where there is plenty of equipment to utilize. She merrily customised the most brutal program for her clients who wish for an intense class before we take a break. 

Also, this May, I dunno which pilates studio in whichever city decided that it's pull-up month, and so many people jumped on the bandwagon. Okay, not that I mind it. I'm not exactly enthusiastic about it, but my pilates instructor decided to kill us all anyway with pull-ups. She is particularly creative. We did pull-ups in all sorts of manner with different types of hand holds and grabs. OH MY LATS AND TRICEPS. My entire scapular area and armpits hurt so good. LOL  

Oh man. These last few classes are mad focused. Each pilates class zoomed in on different muscle groups and the movements go deep within. Every week after pilates, I have been aching in all the different areas worked on. Last week my obliques were so sore. This week, my inner thighs and glutes were utterly fatigued. 

No comments: