Friday, July 07, 2023

O爸的福建炒蝦麵!

O dropped by with a surprise box of stir-fried Hokkien prawn noodles (福建炒蝦麵) from her dad! I was like, WHY! HOW?! It was a week day night. None of us wanted to go out, so we met at home. We just wanted to have a chat over one drink instead of knocking back a few glasses at a bar.

Ohhhh. The noodles weren’t a 'special' thing. It wasn't made because the dad knew she was coming over. Whewwwww. I'd have felt rather bad if it was. It just happened that O went home early for dinner and said she was visiting us. At that point, the dad was cooking dinner, and decided to cook an extra portion for us too. The dad filled up a box to feed both the man and I. WAHHHH. The box went into the fridge and became our lunch the next day.

When I opened it, it was like a good 500g of noodles and ingredients. I know because the man went to measure out one portion for 160g. Hahaha. He didn't care — he ate all the carbs in the day so that he could burn them off. And these type of carbs cooked so well? No regrets having them go into the tummy! This box was split into like two meals between us. Breakfast + Lunch for the man, and for me, it became Lunch + Snack. Gosh, soooo satisfying. 有口福咯!

There randomly was mackerel otah in the fridge. Added a strip for the man who really loves prawn and fish otah. Woah, these Hokkien prawn noodles were good! The dad made in the dry version that I prefer, with a bit of chilli tossed in. I added more sambal belachan anyway. Heh! It was chockfull of all the ingredients I love, including a generous amount of fish cake! There were pork belly, prawns, squid, bean sprouts and chives, and egg! What an unexpected treat! NOMS!

No comments: