Monday, July 10, 2023

สวัสดีกรุงเทพอีกครั้ง :: Hello, Krung Thep!


Hey Bangkok/Krung Thep, you're another city of my heart. How I've missed you. Can't believe that I'm here! And I'm here with the husband. It's our first trip together in 3.5 years. Didn't think this could be real because the care of Choya is a huge concern that is our priority. If things didn't pan out, the husband was willing to stay and have me come instead. Can't believe that I managed to make this trip happen. There were so many moving pieces. I put things in place and prayed for the best. I can't be more thankful that it is happening. More about this later. 

It was hilarious because we thought to arrive at the boarding gate at 7am for the 7.30am SQ flight out. They did say that the boarding gate would close 10 minutes before departure time. Yet they sent people out to meet us halfway to the boarding gate. That was 7.05am. I was bemused. We got into our seats at 7.08am. Realized that we were the last ones in. It was a rather empty flight, as expected of this timing. THEN, get this, the moment we belted up, the plane doors closed and we took off at 7.12am. SAY WHAT.

I love complimentary inflight-wifi if I'm on vacation or a personal trip. I really don't mind it to check all my stuff and not to do work. I had plenty of time to text Bangkok peeps that I'm coming in. I didn't exactly tell them prior! I told two friends whom I knew I would meet. I didn't want to bother the rest, especially when this is a peak work period and many are also traveling and won't be in Bangkok.

We landed to a light drizzle in Bangkok. Cleared customs fast and the baggage retrieval wasn't too slow — all done within 40 minutes of arrival. We were still 20 minutes earlier than scheduled. I thought to just take a cab or get the hotel to send a car. But K insisted that she had time, and would pick us up and drop us at the hotel. She was literally on her way to the office, which wasn't near the airport at all. It was a giant detour from home to the airport, and to our hotel, then her office. K decided to skive off the morning (legitimately she could); she had a coffee with us before leaving. I was sooo touched. 🥹

อา เพื่อนรักของฉัน มันดีมากที่ได้พบคุณอีกครั้ง

No comments: