Friday, September 22, 2023

Choya Was Happy & Good As Gold At The Hair Salon


I thought that the nail salon and the hair salon would be the two places that I can have some 'alone time'. Without the Smol Girl. But nowadays, I take her along too. Heh. She's rather unobtrusive.  

I still go to one nail salon in town without Choya, but the other one allows dogs in there because the dog groomer occupies the ground floor. That's Le Pawtory, and Emerald Allure is the nail salon I can hop into while waiting for Choya to be done with her grooming. I don't do anything complicated to my nails. I just have them cleaned and shorn short. Most times, I leave nails unvarnished. That's easy.

Then when I made an appointment at the hair salon to do a scalp treatment and to cover the grey roots, my hair stylist said, "Bring Choya here! If she's okay this first visit, she can come again." Since I wouldn't be trimming my hair this trip and have it bother the Smol Girl who would be on the floor near me, I decided to take her up on this invite. 

Now, my hair salon is located at this mall which doesn't explicitly allow dogs to roam about. But there's a Pet Lovers Centre within the mall, on Level 4, which is right next to my hair salon. LOL. Anyway, I don't have to sneak. I just drive up to Level 4 carpark, and walk straight in to the shop. I bypass all escalators and elevators. 

I picked a quiet week day afternoon to visit so that there wouldn't be many clients who would mind a Smol Girl hanging out. Luckily I did, because the husband couldn't be at home with Choya or take her along to his meetings, and there was a thunderstorm predicted.

I allowed Choya to have a wander for a few minutes when she walked into the salon. She likes to know where she is and figure out geography. Then I went to my seat. She explored a little and settled into a corner. There would be a few corners that she could shift about when she grew tired of this. 

I spent 2.5 hours at the salon, with the Macbook open and furiously typing. Choya snoozed the afternoon away. She's unperturbed by hair dryers and similar sounds. The chemicals used aren't that strong today. I was so stoked by how chill she was. The darkening skies outside didn't frighten her since there was not thunder at that point. The mall was insulated enough against the sounds of a light drizzle. 

Know your floof. You would know if she's okay being quiet and not really moving for hours in a corner. Can she stay there unleashed and uncrated? How would she be in a bag? Know how she reacts to external stimuli. She's not going to meet your expectations if you've never conditioned or socialized her to do so. Don't set your floof up for failure. 

I know mine. THAT'S MY GIRL. 

No comments: