Sunday, October 22, 2023

Loads of Greens!

When D randomly asked if I wanted a giant bunch of vegetables from her garden, I said yes. D's hydroponic garden and soil pods are thriving. She had a bumper crop of chard, mustard greens, bok choi and kai lan. They were so fresh and lovely! Such happy greens! 

So this weekend, I needn't get any vegetables. Wheeeeee. Kept the chard and mustard greens for another day. Used all the bok choi and kai lan. It was also time to trim off my own little crop of baby bok choi; together, the gifted vegetables and my little batch made for a nice stir-fry with fish sauce and chilli padi. 

I'm still battling allergies, mainly the sinuses that refuse to clear, bits of swollen eyes and lips. Of course I stayed in for dinner. The man didn't mind hanging out at home either. I was too lazy to steam up a chicken for the man. Got a whole steamed white chicken to-go from Five-Star Chicken Rice, a small box of liver and gizzards, and deep-fried tofu with minced pork.  

Along with the stir-fried vegetables, it made for a great dinner in. Comfort foods. Obviously I didn't take the chicken. With a fairly major allergy flare this week and hasn't subsided, I'd rather silly to attempt even chicken skin. So these vegetables plus the tofu were a lifesaver! Presents like this are so lovely, especially when they're unexpected! Ooof. These are as organic and clean as they come!

No comments: