Wednesday, October 04, 2023

Telur Ikan Asam Pedas


I haven't dared to get anything from Hjh Maimunah for years now. They were good and then really bad for a bit. Recently, they're back to being good. Got food from Hjh Maimunah for a few consecutive Mondays, of which the portions fed me for both lunch and dinner. I go early at 10.30am to get a takeout, or to eat quickly and leave before the major lunch crowds come in.

I always get a ton of begedil to go along with the sambal belado. Mmmmm. I usually order four begedil for myself. The staff used to raise an eyebrow and repeat "Four?!" I always nodded extremely enthusiastically. There was once I ordered eight begedil. Those were eaten over two meals lah — four at lunch and four at dinner, all for me, didn't share with the man. Heh. Now the current staff all know my love for perkedel but not potato wedges or potatoes in curry. Hahaha. 

I just try to forget about how much white rice I'm shoving into the stomach because it goes so well with the gravy, sauces and all the spices. The nutritional value isn't very high, to be honest, but the satisfaction level is through the roof.

That day, I was so pleased to spot fish roe! Had to have that. Fish roe is something I prefer not to cook for myself, and it's really best with sambal and spices. At Hjh Maimunah, I had a choice of how I wanted it prepped. Well, everything has been cooked, so the kitchen literally poured the diner's choice of sauce of chillies over it. Telur ikan assam pedas it was!

No comments: