Thursday, November 02, 2023

Choya's Nanobubble Bath


I'm by no means an environmental engineer. While I know the mechanism of nano bubbles and how they could be applied in water purification, rejuvenating lakes, wastewater treatment, and even in food science, I never thought it could be applied to dogs at grooming salons!

The science is sound. Nanobubbles are hydrophobic: they repel water and are attracted to particle's surfaces. Particles in the water serve as seeds where nanobubbles are formed. The negatively charged nanobubbles on the seeded surfaces encapsulate the particles, i.e. drawing 'contaminants' and 'impurities' to lock them in.  These nanoscopic bubbles generated saturate the bath water, turning it a milky white.

Nanobubbles are generated via an electrolyzer. So I don't know if those purported positive effects of shower heads are any decent. But I do know that if you get a powerful enough machine, it will work, and theoretically, it works for dogs doing a deep cleanse. There's literally many retail brands selling its products to pet owners, groomers and vets. 

Choya doesn't like being showered usually. She prefers to be bathed in a tub. She also doesn't like shampoos very much or any mud spa thing that sticks to her. So I never bothered with any odd soaks offered by her groomers, till they suggested a nano bubble bath that uses these micro bubbles. 

My mind was blown when I saw a clip of Choya being bathed in the tub. Obviously Choya doesn't seem to mind the nanobubble bath. She deigned to stay still in the tub for the duration of being hosed down. Wow! She totally enjoyed it. Gosh! Her groomers said that she was very pleased and even deigned to boop them each time they put their noses close to her in the tub.

This little boo. I literally shell out $100 each time she goes for a bath. Fine. This is what I'm working so hard for — to feed and maintain the dog's lifestyle. 😑🤪 

No comments: