Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Two Pet Socials This November

At 'The Good Pet Fair'.

If pet events don't offer alcohol and food, I won't be there. I'm so not there for the shopping. For one, I'm not decking out Choya like a Christmas tree, so I needn't bother shopping for floof accessories, clothes, etc. I don't want her to be uncomfortable to have to wear so many things around her neck. Imho, shoes and clothes for dogs are just silly (if they aren't used to protect paws and skin; allergies, hotspots and such) and get in the way of the really fun stuff like pooping and peeing. 

1) Two weeks ago, we popped by a rather large-scale event called 'The Good Pet Fair' at Bukit Panjang Power Station. Pets were allowed into the venue. There was air-conditioning and giant cooler fans for ventilation. I decided to take a look at some brands that we support, and also because they had Pink Blossom Brewing and Ye Olde Cow. You could have limited food and beverage vendors, but if they suit my taste, then that's all good. Beer and burgers? I'm there for them. 

We literally went at happy hour. My 'shopping' or lackthereof, was done while walking through the booths to see what was new. It was pretty much IG-shopping that was now 3D. There wasn't anything I really wanted. Choya has enough of everything. When it comes down to it, all I want for her is solid poop, a balanced GI tract, good skin and an easing of her storm anxiety.

Went to the end of the hall where the three human food and beverage vendors were. Got food and beer. Loads of beer. Plonked our butts at a bench, and gradually occupied the whole table when our friends and acquaintances stopped by to hang out. That was a pretty good meet with many people.

2) Clocked in at Cheese Lads' fundraising event (to be donated to SPCA this round) themed 'Cheese Mongrels'. It was a small event, but there was cheese! Hahahah. The $18 Cheeselads cheese platter hit a spot. I had one small platter to myself. But Choya took all the Gruyere. Hurhurhurhur. Well, that was the only cheese in the mix she could have with mushy brown repercussions. 

The easy choices of food meant that we could sort out lunch right there. The event started at noon, we turned up at 12.15pm. It's an outdoor event. While they put up tentage, that's not going to help in a storm. I wanted to avoid the afternoon rains. 

It was a cloudy day, but it was still too hot to do a bottle of red. Opted for a brainless Bel Star Prosecco to go with all the food and heat. Abundance set up a table to do dumplings. They didn't offer the whole menu. They had small bites. I wasn't keen on the Taiwanese-style gua bao (割包), but I didn't mind the prawn dumplings. Champagne brunch? Sure, this would be our idea of it — sparkling whites and easy foods with Choya in tow. 

Dogs aren't allowed into the shop and AC seating, I'm afraid. But we weren't uncomfortable. Give me a stool and a dry floor, and Choya and I are good. Had a nice corner to ourselves, away from all the legs and feet. Choya was perfectly fine. Met so many known humans and floof-fwens. Quite a lovely outing.

'Cheese Mongrels' at Cheeselads.

No comments: