Friday, December 29, 2023

Hotpot at Torikin with the BFF


I've forgotten about Torikin at UE Square till the BFF said she wouldn't mind having hotpot for dinner. We didn't want a Chinese-style hotpot. Then Torikin popped up on the radar. It was a mad rainy day, and it was perfect for hotpot. 

Torikin's menu isn't complicated. It was just collagen chicken hotpot or spicy chicken hotpot with a few side dishes. We opted for some Hakata chicken collagen hotpot. For a two-person portion, it was more than sufficient food for us. Two pieces of drumsticks and thigh meat, and two pieces of breast meat. I passed over the breast meat to the BFF, and I got her drumstick and all the skin. Hahaha. The BFF also ordered a serving of fried gyoza. Nice. The soup was pretty good, if you like chicken and chicken collagen. I wondered if I should drink so much soup. Well, let's just say that it was delicious, very chicken-ny and it went straight out of my intestines after. LOL

The servers here cook the food for the diners. They split everything neatly and evenly into two portions, and that was super convenient. We needn't even lift a finger to boil things. I liked its serving of vegetables too. I can't do hotpot without vegetables. There were carbs which came at the end. We could choose if we wanted ramen or porridge to be stirred in with the last bits of soup. I was so so full, but wouldn't mind a bit of porridge. Sticky white rice was stirred into the last bits of soup to be boiled up alongside an egg and topped with nori. The server sweetly gave me half a bowl of porridge instead of a full bowl. Yayyy!

This was our final meet of 2023, to wrap up the year for us, so to speak. It has been an eventful year for her. Much down-time needed for her to re-group and be re-energized. Then the BFF flew out for her usual NYE / New Year's Day vacation.

No comments: