Friday, January 26, 2024

Ganjang-Gejang at Nami


I felt like having rice and beef. Asked V if she minded eating at Nami Korean at Greenwood Avenue; she didn't! Yay! The afternoon rains petered off and kept the outdoor tables dry for us at dinner. 

After so many visits, I haven't actually had the ganjang-gejang at Nami. V is a crab-eater, and she has had it here. She said it isn't too big. So we got a portion, which came as two small crabs. Very manageable. 

Nami's iteration of ganjang-gejang is lovely! I definitely prefer the soy marinated version over the yangnyeom-gejang. I'm not fond of the yangnyeom sauce which holds gochujang and tastes more sweet than spicy. 

I ate half a crab and chucked the gloves. Thought I was done. Then V asked me to do another half. Okay. She still had her gloves, and she very sweetly helped me squeezed out the crab roe and meat. NOMS. 

Some would say just raw crabs and rice make a meal. It could. But we were greedy. We had sufficient stomach space to do a seafood jigae, as well as two meats in the form of grilled marinated beef short ribs and marinated pork collar. I suppose we could have done just one meat. Ahh well. All these went super well with rice. Hurhurhur. 

No comments: